Good Food For All! We envision a world where everyone has access to healthy food, land, and community.
We cultivate engaging gardens and programs that catalyze healthy eating, ecological stewardship, and community celebration.
What We Do
We enact our mission through Schoolyard Market Gardens, educational farms we utilize as pathways to youth empowerment and employment. We facilitate outdoor experiential learning with teachers and students, mentor youth leaders through garden clubs and summer programming, host internships for high school aged youth fostering self-confidence, leadership and employment skills, and empower Vancouverites to grow their own food through our volunteer programs. All our food is sold into the school community; into cafeterias, food access programs, restaurants, and to our neighbours. We also work with other schools and organizations to develop their own market gardens and associated programming. We are a thought leader in institutional food systems change and outdoor experiential learning.
Our beliefs drive us towards our vision and direct our activities.
- We believe that good, healthy food is a right for all people.
- We believe that food is an inspiring and mobilizing force for good.
- We believe that education is the first step towards positive personal and systems change.
- We believe that healthy food systems are dependent upon a healthy environment and empowered communities.
- We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
- We believe that collective action is imperative to food systems change.