How do you get kids to eat their veggies? Just add a drizzle of our famous salad dressing!
The secret ingredient: nutritional yeast. It tastes a little cheesy without the dairy, a little nutty without the nuts, a little salty without the salt, and all around tasty.
Fresh Roots Famous Salad Dressing
Makes 2 cups
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed or very finely chopped
- 1 cup sunflower or mildly-flavored olive oil
- Add all ingredients except the oil to a mason jar and shake well to combine.
- Add oil, and shake some more until incorporated.
- Serve over salad, fresh or cooked veggies, or grains. Serving your salad in a tote is optional, but deliciously fun!
Thanks to Hollyhock for the dressing inspiration!