The Schoolyard Farm Worker grows Good Food For All. They are outside in the garden planting, harvesting, weeding, and acting as stewards of our ecologically managed urban farms. They will work under the supervision of our Farm Manager to ensure our schoolyard farms are productive and welcoming spaces. The Schoolyard Farm Worker will provide leadership to Farm Interns and volunteers to complete daily tasks on the farm.
- Minimum 1 year growing experience in small-scale agricultural production
- Physically fit and happy to work outdoors in all conditions
- Comfortable with spreadsheets, email communication, and record keeping
- Experience leading co-workers and volunteers in farming activities
- Able to work with a team and independently
- Able to communicate with diplomacy and respect with people of all cultures, ages, and backgrounds
- Have a valid class 5 driver’s license and comfortable driving a delivery vehicle
- Have a smart phone and access to a computer
- Able to pass a criminal background check
- Position begins March 1, 2016 and ends October 31, 2016
- Spring: 10-20 hrs/week, Summer: 30 hrs/week, Fall: 20 hrs/week at $12/hr
Full Position details here.