Help Fresh Roots by hosting your own fundraising event or activity.
Together with friends and family you can help provide Good Food For All. Your support can provide not only financial support, but also can share the Good Food message. Join us in growing food and growing community.
Here are a few ideas to help get you thinking!
- Dinner Party
- Local Food Potluck
- Donate proceeds from the sale of a product
- Swim, run, bike, yoga, eat, garden, dance-a-thon!
- Sporting event or tournament
- Cocktail party
- Seed/plant swap
- Plant sale
- Garden Party
- Recipe/Cookbook Swap
- Wine Tasting
Tips on asking for donations
- Indicate on your invitations that donations will be accepted on behalf of the Charity Fresh Roots – Good Food For All. You can even include a suggested donation amount. For example: Donations accepted for Fresh Roots – Good Food for All . Suggested donation of $XX.
- Set a fundraising goal. Announce an amount you hope to raise for the organization.
- Let your guests know why you chose to support Fresh Roots At your event, make a short speech or announcement about why the organization is important to you.
- Provide guests with a container in which to place their cash donations. If guests wish to donate by credit card, have the website available for them to make their gift instantly.
- If it’s a ticketed event, indicate on the tickets what portion of the proceeds will be donated to Fresh Roots.
- Before the end of the event, announce how much has been raised for Fresh Roots.
- After the event, send a follow up email or note to let guests know the final amount raised and thank them for their participation and generosity.
If you send us your guest list and their addresses, we can send them thank you cards to express our gratitude for their contributions. Thanks can also be sent electronically to save paper and postage.
You can make your donation in a number of ways:
- Send us your collected cheques.
- Please do not send cash by mail. Deposit the collected cash and write us a cheque.
- Have your guests make donations online using our website, or process the donations using our website.
Let us help you. We can:
- You can doubly support Fresh Roots by buying our food. Get in touch with email@example.com to see what’s growing!
- Share support materials like information cards.
- Allow use of the name Fresh Roots
- Approve use of our logo.
- Provide content for your promotional materials.
- Provide thank you letters to donors.
- Promote your event through our network.
- Attend the event.
What we can’t do:
- Take on financial responsibility for event costs.
- Apply for licenses for your event.
Fundraising Terms and Conditions