Play. Learn. Grow.
We want Camp Fresh Roots to be an amazing experience for all of our campers. These policies help make camp fair and fun for everyone! Please contact our camp team at email@example.com or call 778-764-0344 if you have any questions or concerns.
We once again look forward to Camp Fresh Roots being safe and joyful place for campers to get outdoors and play this summer. Click here to read our comprehensive COVID-19 safety policies. (Updated January 2021)
Camp Fresh Roots offers sliding scale fees so every camper can afford camp. Please read through the following descriptions to decide what level is right for your family. Paying the most you can afford helps us cover the costs of the camp, hire and train experienced staff to care for your campers, and continue to provide sliding scale options for families who need it. If you are “between levels”, or can afford more, there is an option to add a donation at checkout. If the Seed level would be a hardship, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; some additional campership funding is available.
- can comfortably meet our basic needs (food, housing, transportation).
- owns or leases a car.
- owns our home -or- rents a higher-end property.
- has regular access to extended health care benefits (dental, vision, etc.).
- works -or- does not need to work to meet our needs.
- can afford an annual vacation or other regular travel.
- can eat out, buy new clothes, go to the movies or other entertainment, or similar items each month.
- might have some stress about meeting our basic needs but still regularly meets them
- has some debt but still can afford our basic needs
- rents a mid-range apartment
- is employed.
- has access to transportation.
- buys some new things and thrifts for others.
- can take a vacation every few years without a financial burden.
- frequently has financial stress and sometimes does not meet our basic needs.
- does not have stable transportation.
- rents lower-end housing, lives with other people out of necessity, or our housing is unstable.
- is unemployed or underemployed.
- has no or very little expendable income.
- rarely buys new things because we can’t afford them.
- cannot afford to take vacations
This scale is a modification of the work of Alexis J. Cunningfolk
MiniCamp is designed for campers ages 4 through 7 or entering Kindergarten through grade 2. Campers must be at least 4 years old and no more than 7 years old on the first day of camp.
Full Week and MidiCamps are designed for campers entering grades 1 through 5. Campers must be between the ages of 6 and 11 on the first day of camp. 5 year-olds may attend if they are accompanied by an older sibling or other close family member. Please contact the camp team for help registering.
Is your favorite camp full? Join the wait list for free! If space opens up in a full camp, campers who are not registered for another camp week will have first priority. Once you are notified that you’ve been moved from the wait list, full payment must be received within two weeks or by the first day of the camp session, whichever is sooner, or the space will be offered to another camper on the wait list.
Should we need to cancel a camp session, we will notify families no later than one week before the session starts. If we cannot place your camper in another suitable camp session, we will refund the full camp fee. If we need to cancel part or all of a camp session at the last minute due to Public Health Orders, dangerous weather, or other unforeseen circumstances, we will place your camper into another session or refund the camp fee for the days cancelled.
If your camper is unable to attend camp, please let us know as soon as possible. Refunds are available as follows:
- Four weeks or more before the session: Full refund, minus $25 administration fee
- Between four weeks and one week before start of camp session: 50% refund, minus $25 admin fee*
- Less than 1 week before camp session: No refund.*
*If we can fill the slot from our waiting list, we will issue a full refund, minus the administration fee.
If your camper cannot attend camp due to illness or close contact with someone with COVID-19, we will offer them a spot in a later camp if one is available, or offer a limited credit to be used toward next summer.
No refunds will be offered for missed days in a camp week.
Need to change weeks? Let us know at least one week before the start of the first session involved, and we will move your camper if space is available.
Non-Discrimination and Accessibility
Camp Fresh Roots does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, family make-up, religion, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, scholarships, programs and activities.
Camp Fresh Roots is hosted on a working schoolyard farm and forest! That means we’ll be digging in the soil, using hand tools, looking for bugs, peering at plants, and moving through the sometimes narrow paths and uneven surfaces you’d expect to find between garden beds and forest paths. We will also be preparing and eating food together! We will do our best to accommodate campers of all abilities; please contact our camp team at email@example.com or call 778-764-0344 if you have any questions or concerns.