Team Building with School Farms in Your City
Our schoolyard farms are bustling with activity and we’d love to welcome your organization for a Team Building opportunity. We’re looking for teams to join us in a range of activities. From cooking healthy meals and making value added goods, to turning compost, transplanting seedlings, beautifying the space, or building new infrastructure, there is always good work to be done! We look forward to sharing the bounty with you!
Why Team Build with Fresh Roots
- Share a unique, outdoor experience with your group, as you discover how fun farming can be!
- Help create meaningful change in your community by supporting healthy, school-grown food and innovative educational opportunities for Vancouver youth.
- Invigorate your team, explore your collective abilities and celebrate the joys of sustainably-grown food!
What You’ll Do
Team Builds are generally 3 hours in duration. During your Team Build, your team will:
- Get to know one another through facilitated team activities
- Tour and learn the story of the schoolyard farm
- Learn how your group will help make a difference
- Taste farm-fresh food (when seasonally available)
- Help us grow Good Food For All!
We are currently in the process of restructuring the fees of our Team Builds to make them accessible for your group and also ensure that they cover our staff facilitation, materials, and allow us to keep our experiential learning and youth empowerment opportunities affordable. Please sign up for a Team Build and we’ll be in touch to arrange the details, including a fee that works best for your group. We strive to make our programming accessible and offer discounted pricing for non-profit, community, or youth groups, or if the cost is a barrier to your group. GST is not included in quoted fees.
To schedule a time for your team to join us on the farm, sign up here!
“Thanks so much for arranging the team event yesterday. It was educational, fun and I think we accomplished something good too. The weather and the company could not have been better. Thanks to Ed as well for letting us do this on work time! Looking forward to the next one!” — Ken Davis, Consultant, Training & Development, Community Member Services